Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service. Previous dental experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Ability to work in fast paced environment.
- Detail oriented. Must be aware of and follow state specific rules and protocols.
- Active Listening skills. Must be able to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate.
- Deductive Reasoning skills. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
- Time Management Skills to manage one’s own time.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Management of Human Resources. Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job and addresses performance issues as they arise.
- Communicating with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources. This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by telephone or e-mail.
- Performing day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and processing paperwork.
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Will consider relevant work experience.
- 2-3 Years of related work experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including MSOffice and practice management software. Entering, transcribing, recording, or maintaining information in written or electronic form
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Job requires being honest and ethical.